Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day 5- Patriotism, Tragedy and a Dirty Puppet Show

Okay, I'm over my crankiness now. Unfortunately, I've also forgotten most of my brilliant observations, so we'll have to make do with whatever I can come up with at this point.

Today I finally decided that the weather was nice enough for my planned trip to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It started out gray, but not actually raining and this week that seems to be about as good as I'm going to get.

I took the subway to the Wall Street stop, got off with all of the suits and came up into a landscape that has been called a canyon so many times that I refuse to use the term on principle. Unfortunately, I can't seem to think of a better one.

I may or may not ever actually finish writing this post. We'll see.

No comments: