Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hot Damn

Well, it seems a little early in the year for best-of lists, but Booklist has done just that. And the cool thing is, one of their choices in my fellow writing-group member Cornelia Read's first novel, Field of Darkness (in stores everywhere, May 8!). I admit, I have not read this book, since I joined the writing group after she finished it, but I will say that reading the first draft of her second book caused me to wonder why I even bother, because there is no way I am ever going to be that good.
My point is, if you like books, you should read this one.

2 comments:

Cornelia Read said...

You HAVE TO bother, because I have to see how QUARANTOWN turns out. It is the best thing I've read in forever, and you are amazingly talented.

So there.

xxxxxxxx, C

Daisy Bateman said...

Aw, thanks guys!