Monday, April 23, 2007

New York, Round 2

When I got back from my trip to New York last year, I thought it would be a while before I went back, to the point where I lent out my guidebooks and map and didn't bother getting them back. Then My Close Personal Friend Cornelia Read happened to get herself nominated for a major literary award right before my cousin Jake is getting married in Baltimore, so off I go again. Not that I mind, of course, quite the contrary. I've even been thinking vaguely that it might be nice to be the sort of person who makes an annual trip to New York City catching a show or two and working my way through the stores and museums. But then I remind myself that there are a lot of other places in the world to see, many of which have hotel rates that average less than two hundred dollars a night. But I am definitely going to enjoy this trip, brief as it is.

That is, assuming my choice to fly in on a redeye tonight doesn't backfire on me and I end up spending the majority of my two days half-asleep and cranky. But that's just a chance I'm going to have to take.

No comments: