1. Go inside any major government building.
2. Visit the MoMA, the Met or any other easily-abbreviated New York museum.
3. See one of the many Broadway shows featuring an American Idol runner-up in the cast.
4. See any Broadway shows at all.
5. Sleep nearly enough.
6. See Dorothy's shoes, Jerry's shirt, the First Ladies' gowns or any of the other treasures that represent my cultural heritage as an American.
7. Visit any area of New York City outside of Manhattan.
8. Visit any area of DC outside of a one-mile radius of the Mall.
Guess I'll just have to go back.