Saturday, November 03, 2007

iArrgh

Recently, it happened that I turned thirty, about which the less said the better. But one postive side effect was my resultant aquisiton of an iPod touch, which I had wanted very badly. So you can imagine my disappointment when I got it home and found that my computer firmly believed it to be a camera. This turned out to be an OS issue which, after several attempts and an encounter with the phrase "panic: we are hanging here" I managed to resolve, only to find that now my computer refused to acknowledge it at all. At this point I abandoned my independent principles and took myself to the mad carnival of capitalism that is the Apple store on a Saturday afternoon. It took a while, but the guy who was helping me eventually determined that my problem was that I had the overwhelming nerve to attempt to continue using a computer that was nearly six years old, and there was no hope for me. I pointed out that this sucked and he agreed. But, all is not lost. For one thing, thanks to the move, IT seems to have disabled some of the security barriers on the work computers and I may be able to install iTunes there. And, for another thing, music appears to be only the start of the fun with this thing. For example, you can write blog posts on it.
Your hand does get a bit cramped, though.

No comments: