Friday, February 26, 2010

Shoefinder: For Professor Abigail

Guess what? Abigail is going to be a professor!


(Tyler will remain a cat.)

She just accepted a position at a university, where she will be teaching undergrads and running a chemistry research lab. So, naturally, she is going to need shoes that are appropriate to teaching undergrads and running a chemistry research lab. That's where I come in.

So, what we're looking for here is something young enough to not look to old, and old enough not to look to young, stylish enough to impress her students but mature enough to make it clear she belongs with the adults. Also, closed toes and comfort, because we are talking about a chem lab here.

Got all that? Okay, let's get started.


I love Faryl Robin for comfort, and these are cute enough to escape the curse of the ugly comfort shoe. Also, you should never overlook the versatility of a bit of shine or sparkle.


Of course, sometimes sparkle and shine isn't what you're* looking for. Sometimes you'd prefer something a little simpler or sportier.I like the subtle detailing on these, and you have to admit that the price is right. And "wet/dry traction" seems like something that might come in handy in the DC area. I hear it gets wet there sometimes. Given that, I think looking at a couple other options.


Okay, I hear you. "Young?," you're saying. "Fun? Seriously, you're passing off Topsiders as your big inspiration?" And fine, I'll admit, you have a point. I was trying to be practical, but clearly, it's time to break out of the box a little bit. Let's have some Fluevogs.

These are actually pretty restrained for the loopy Vancouver-based line. Some of their other styles are, well, let's just say they're for people with a really specific personal style. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (Make sure you don't miss the FAQ page.)



Now, this is me. And it wouldn't be me if I didn't recommend something a little bit, shall we say, high-end. And if it wasn't me, then how would I have gotten the password to get in here and write this post. So I'm clearly going to post these. What can I say? I'm just a sucker for some Sigerson Morrison.



Okay, yeah, I'm just shopping for myself now.



*And by "you" I mean "not me."

No comments: