Sunday, September 19, 2010

Quick Poll

Ahem. Would all people who are deeply disturbed by the fact that the song "Yummy Yummy Yummy (I've Got Love In My Tummy)" is being used to sell kids' yogurt please raise their hands? Thank you. Now, for all of you not currently raising your hand, go find a person who was alive in the seventies and ask him or her what that song is actually about. If you are not raising your hand at this point, please report yourself to Child Protective Services immediately.

That is all.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Oh. My. Bleacccch!

Let me try that again.

Oh. My. God.

I am not a prude or a shut-in or anything, but I never suspected that song was really about....

Bleaccccch!

Sorry. Jesus. I just thought that song was insipid, but what you're suggesting...?

Wait. You are suggesting what I think you're suggesting, aren't you? If you're not, I'm going to feel like a perv because it occurred to *me*.

Daisy Bateman said...

Sadly, if you are thinking that it means the worst, nastiest, possible thing you could think it means, then yes, you are correct.

Sometimes I think the only acceptable thing to have come out of the seventies is me. And pet rocks, of course.

Anonymous said...

1) Ew. That's just wrong.

2) Song's from the 60s, not the 70s. Let other decades shoulder their part of our collective cultural ick!

--mary the nitpicky

Daisy Bateman said...

The sixties? Well, in that case, this just became exhibit A for the next time some boomer tells me how music back then was so much better. (Replacing Hang On Sloopy, used mainly to discourage claims of lyrical superiority.)

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's awesome. There's also Surfing Bird.

--mary