Sunday, May 01, 2005

No More Days

I’m not counting days anymore, even though I am technically still travelling. The thing is, this isn’t where I want my trip to end. I want to remember it ending in when I ran out of road in Key West, with tropical breezes and random chickens, lazy days and warm nights. Not in southwest Florida, in strip malls and hot pavement and ordinary motel rooms with no internet. So I’m just going to pretend that this last part never happened.

It’s been quite a ride. I’m not quite sure what to make of this experience, but I think, overall, it was a good one. The memories have piled up so fast that it’s going to take me a while to sort through them all and get them in order. Knowing me, that’s going to involve throwing out anything bad, so that within about a month this whole experience will have turned into one long series of unending delights. Fortunately, I’ll have this blog to remind me that it wasn’t all lounge chairs and oysters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when do you make your grand return to Cali?

--mary

Daisy Bateman said...

Actually, I got back last night. Shopping definitely sounds like a good idea- and if you guys don't go to see the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie with me then I'm just going to have to drag you.