Thursday, September 13, 2007

Friday Preview

We are striking out of Auckland today, into the countryside and away from the reliable internet access. So this may be the last you hear of me for a while, or it may not. We just don't know, do we? So I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you approximately what I will be talking about when I do make it back to the world of connectivity:
The renting of the car. It is of the extreme budget type. Terrifying junker? Adorable buggy? The only thing we know is it's a stick shift, so I won't be driving. Which brings us to:
Mom driving on the wrong side of the road. This may create a certain amount of tension, all the way to:
The Waitomo Caves. Boats! Glow worms! Claustrophobia! Bad sandwiches! I've been looking forward to this one. But not as much as to:
The Hobbitton set at Matamata. The only Lord of the Rings type activity we're doing here. Lest this, even then, make you think of me as a big dork, allow me to direct your attention to the people I saw on a documentary on TV last night, who had built an entire subculture and several web pages around an extra who had about three seconds of screen time in the first film. He seemed to have a sense of humor about it.

Anyway, those may or may not be the sorts of things you will hear from me, when you hear from me. Watch this space.

No comments: