Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Physics Question

They resupplied the free Cokes at work today, which was good. No complaints there. But they weren't cold, so I put one in the freezer for a while. When I took it out of the freezer and opened it, I found that it had partially frozen, so I left it on my desk while I went into lab. When I got back, I found a pool of Coke on my desk, and what was left in the can largely flat.

Question 1:
What happened?

Question 2:
Why does this sort of thing always happen to me?

4 comments:

Cornelia Read said...

Tiny Roomba kittens--really tiny--used your Coke can for a feline Olympic diving competition.

The friction of the miniature plummeting cats popped the bubbles in the beverage as they shot by, and of course some cats are not as good at diving as other cats--no matter how small--so there was a bit of splashage generated by imperfect landings.

The End.

Anonymous said...

I can answer the second question: You inherited the Happen To Me (HTM) gene from both your parents.
Dad

Anonymous said...

I don't know the answer to #1 but the answer to #2 is that it is your karmic punishment for only posting on your hilarious blog the average of once a month.

Had you been a more reliable blogger (read: once a week, minimum), I'm sure the cosmic gods would have smiled at you and allowed you to return to a pleasantly chilled (and fully in tact) can of coke

Karen (#2)

Anonymous said...

you degassed your Coke!