Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thurscheese: I Forget What This One's Called



I'm pretty sure it starts with an "M" and I know it came up when I was playing Cheese or Font*, but I accidentally threw out the label before I wrote it down. I do remember that I enjoyed it-- for all it's resemblance to cheddar*** it has a flavor more reminiscent of a milder, softer Parmesan. Goes well with a nice crusty bread, but then, what doesn't?****


Wait, I just remembered something. Is it Mimolette? It is!

My powers of cheese are not to be underestimated.

*"Cheese or Font" brought to my attention by Ryan, husband of Lisa, who also helpfully points out that someone has started a market for cheese futures**, which are generally, in my opinion, "sandwich."
**There is, as he helpfully points out, some questions as to whether investors will cover the spread.
***Not that there's anything wrong with cheddar.
****Nothing, that's what.

4 comments:

Sophie Littlefield said...

I am changing Junior's name to "Mimolette" as soon as she gets home from school.

Daisy Bateman said...

If she objects, you can point out that it's like Edam, only oranger.

C said...

You also forgot where you found out about this one. :)

Daisy Bateman said...

I'm saving that story for the Truffle Tremor. :)