Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shoesday: Spring Wedging


Remember how I said I was going to buy these? Well, I did. I am nothing if not a shoe addict of my word. In fact, I even had a good reason*: This weekend, Mom and I are heading off to Spring Training**, and what is a weekend in Arizona without attractive and comfortable sandals. And they are comfortable, surprisingly so, given their height. (Though less surprisingly because they come from the same line that two separate people described to me as "the holy grail of shoes.") The only downside is that it seems like this level of comfort was reached by installing tiny whoopee cushions in the sole of each shoe, causing my every step to be accompanied by a series of discreet foot-farts. But I don't care, and do you know why? Because this weekend, when the forecast here looks like this:


My farty shoes and I will be looking (if possibly not sounding) fabulous in a place that's a little more like this:





*"excuse."
**Viewing, I mean, not joining. Mom's minor league contract wasn't picked up this year.

No comments: