Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mai Tais and Sunsets

One of each, actually. That's my entirely stereotypical image of a tropical vacation, and I was determined to make it a reality. Since the sunset in question must, of course, be over the ocean, once we finished our adventure Megan and I made our way to the southern (but west-facing) shore of the island. We found a promising-sounding restaurant in the guidebook which, of course, was under construction (see previous post re: guidebooks, accuracy of). But it turned out okay, because there was another restaurant at the same hotel (a Mariott, I think), outside by the pool, where there was a lady playing music and another performing a very mellow hula. They made a fine mai tai and the rotation of the earth obliged with a glorious sunset over one of the neighboring islands and I had tuna (seared, rare) with a macadamia nut crust and mango salsa that was at least an order of magnitude better than anything else I had had on the trip so far.

Given the chance, I think I could get used to this sort of thing.

No comments: