Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hello? Hell No.

Thanks to last night's American Idol I, like so many other people, was reminded of Lionel Richie's video for the song "Hello", a video I remembered primarily for the hilariously awful clay bust of the singer featured therein. But when I pulled it up to show to Laura, who did not understand my reaction, I discovered there was so much more wrong in it. So very much that I had to share it with you, inexplicable spoken intro and all:





So, let me get this straight, Mr. Richie. You are a teacher, stalking your blind student to all of her classes, ogling her in a leotard and drunk-dialing her in the middle of the night*, and your idea of a happy ending is to have her pawing at your face? That's so creepy, it's an insult to the word "creepy".

*Yes, I know there was no mention of the fact that he was drunk in that scene, but come on.

3 comments:

Karen Murphy said...

The mullet makes me physically sick. Is that weird?

Daisy Bateman said...

No, that's a sign of sane and well-balanced psyche. Top psychiatrists actually use it as a test for their borderline patients.

Anonymous said...

I remembered this was an icky video for a stalker-y song but I did not remember lo these 20+ years that she was a HIGH SCHOOL student. Now it's an icky, pedophiliac song.